Toggle Menu
Alpha Xi Delta House
Navigate This Section

Alpha Xi Delta House

This 19-bed house, opened in 2011, pays tribute to a historic fraternity house that formerly stood on the site. With a price tag of nearly $2 million, the new structure reflects some of the opulence of an earlier era, but with modern comforts such as energy-efficient windows, an elevator and zoned heating and cooling.

Monmouth’s Beta Epsilon chapter of Alpha Xi Delta was installed in 1932. After a short hiatus, the chapter returned to campus in 1997. The national women’s fraternity was created in 1893 at Lombard College in nearby Galesburg. There are currently 110 chapters nationwide and more than 150,000 initiated members in the organization’s history.

©