McMichael Academic Hall
- Art Department
- Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures Department
- Theatre Department
- Mac Computer Lab
The departments of Art, Modern Foreign Language and Theatre share this renovated century-old building. In addition to faculty offices, McMichael features studios for painting, ceramics, sculpture, welding and graphic design, along with business and accounting classrooms.
When originally built in 1910, “McMike” was the home for the sciences. A thoroughly modern building for its day, the science hall was named in memory of J.B. McMichael and was designed largely by chemist and physics professor J.N. Swan, who had visited many of the leading laboratories on the East Coast to gather ideas from the new building.