McMichael Residence Hall
Located on the south-east side of the campus, McMichael Hall can accommodate over 100 women. The recent renovation of the hall has made it both comfortable, yet classical. Most rooms are double occupancy. There are a few single rooms in the hall. Each student room has two windows. Floors in the entire hall are carpeted. There is a closet for each student and each room is furnished with bunkable beds, mattress, study desks with chairs, and dressers. Rooms also have an internet connection for two and a shared telephone jack. “McMike” features high ceilings, a lounge on every floor and a personal sink in each room.
McMike was built in 1914 as college's first dormitory. It was named for college's fourth president, Rev. T.H. McMichael, who was the president for 33 years. The original building cost was $120,000 and the architect was Dan Everett Waid, class of 1887. When originally built the building was named McMichael Home and provided living quarters for 85 women, a dining hall, a kitchen, recreational rooms, and an infirmary. The Hall underwent a $3.5 million renovation in 1997-98.
Window treatments provided.
Mattress Size: 36 x 80 inches