Transfer Student Process
Making the decision to transfer colleges takes a lot of thought and consideration. At Monmouth College we strive to make the transition smooth and efficient.
Transfer Admissions Process
For enrollment consideration, please submit the following:
- Submitted Common Application (no application fee).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Official high school transcripts and test scores are required, if fewer than 24 semester hours completed.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.25 is usually required for admission.
- Students may transfer up to the equivalent of 64 semester hours (16 course credits). Only grades of C- or better will transfer. Most classes from accredited colleges will transfer.
- A minimum of 12 transfer semester hours is required for transfer admission.
Monmouth College is on a 4-4 academic calendar, semester hours will be converted to course credits. One course credit is equal to 4 semester hours. A total of 32 course credits (128 semester hours) are required to meet the degree requirement in most majors.
Freshman: Less than 28 semester hours (7 course credits)
Sophomore: 28 to less than 60 semester hours (7-14.75 course credits)
Junior: 60 semester hours (15 course credits)
Recommended general education courses to take prior to transferring:
- Two course sequence in English Composition
- One course in public speaking
- Two courses in foreign language (or proficiency at 102 level)
- One course with lab in a physical or life science
- One course in fine art appreciation or participation (3 semester hour course)