Midwest Scholars Award
The Midwest Scholars Award recognizes first-time freshmen students from across the
nation who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and leadership in their
schools and communities. Midwest Scholars will be recognized inside and outside the
classroom as leaders of their class. They will be offered opportunities to participate
in the Honors Program, research with faculty, experience special internships, and lead community service
Students named Midwest Scholars will be invited to campus to interview for one of the following on February 1, 2014:
- Trustees’ Scholarship (full-tuition for all four years. 2 awarded)
- President’s Scholarship ($25,000 per year for four years totaling $100,000. 3 awarded)
- Academic Merit Scholarship (Midwest Scholars not receiving a Trustees’ or President’s Scholarship will be awarded an additional scholarship based upon their interviews)
These scholarships are renewable annually for up to 3 years, as long as recipients maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
To be eligible for the Midwest Scholars Award, applicants must have:
- A cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- At least a 25 ACT Composite or 1140 SAT (Critical Reading and Math only)
- Application for admission
- Activities Resumé (sample resumé)
- Essay: In 500 words or less, respond to the following prompt or submit a college essay
of your choice.
- If you were given one million dollars to spend, how would you spend it?
Submit your activites resumé and essay to email@example.com by January 1, 2014.