The Midwest Scholars program recognizes first-time freshmen students from across the
nation who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and leadership in their
schools and communities. Midwest Scholars will be recognized inside and outside the
classroom as leaders of their class. They will be offered opportunities to participate
in the Honors Program, research with faculty, experience special internships, and lead community service
Students named Midwest Scholars will be invited to campus to interview for one of the following on January 31, 2015:
- Trustees’ Scholarship (full-tuition for all four years. 2 awarded)
- President’s Scholarship ($26,000 per year for four years totaling $104,000. 3 awarded)
- Dean's Scholarship (up to $22,000)
These scholarships are renewable annually for up to 3 years, as long as recipients maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
To be an eligible as a Midwest Scholar, applicants must have:
- A cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- At least a 25 ACT Composite or 1130 SAT (Critical Reading and Math only)
- Application for admission
- Activities Resumé (sample resumé)
- Essay: In 500 words or less, respond to the following prompt or submit a college essay
of your choice.
- If you were given one million dollars to spend, how would you spend it?
Submit your activites resumé and essay to email@example.com by January 8, 2015.