Monmouth College is a private, nationally ranked, residential college located in Monmouth, Illinois. Designed from the best of the Scottish and American educational traditions, our academic programs are integrated, engaging and relevant.
Our students have a broad, solid foundation in the major disciplines, as well as within their major. In keeping with what employers most want, we focus on critical thinking skills and application of knowledge in various fields. The values of the college encourage personal growth and service to others. Students graduate well prepared for professional careers, continued study in their career path and ready to lead enriched lives— prepared for their futures, not just their first job.
Our latest placement figures for 2012 graduates report a 99% placement rate for employment, graduate or professional school.
Students benefit from outstanding academic advising, small, seminar-style classes, varied internship and study abroad opportunities, and summer research experiences. Our student body includes diverse, intellectually engaged and ambitious students from across the United States and around the world.
A member of the prestigious Associated Colleges of the Midwest, Monmouth’s safe campus and stellar facilities set the tone for a classic college experience. Students quickly become at home and involved in such activities as athletics, over 80 campus organizations, and/or Greek life. Monmouth’s smaller size creates community and lifelong friendships that enable students to build confidence and achieve in surprising ways.
We Believe in Doing Our Part
The process of applying for scholarships and/or financial assistance and obtaining the necessary funding for college can be overwhelming for some families. We want to help ease the burden for you. Extensive studies show that the value of an education far exceeds its price tag.
First, students and/or their family will be expected to commit monetary resources. Secondly, the state and federal governments may offer financial assistance to you through a process that is managed on your behalf by Monmouth College. An important third step for some students is to pursue funding from private scholarship sources. And finally, Monmouth College and our alumni offer significant academic scholarships, talent scholarships and/or need based gift funding to make it possible for new generations of students to attend Monmouth each year.
College choice is a very personal experience. Our college wants you and your student to find the college that is the best fit for you. Visiting campus is the most important step you can take with your student to make sure you make the best choice for you and your family. Please take time to come to Monmouth, tour our campus, visit classes, meet students, and ask questions. We’re here to help.
- Location: Monmouth, Illinois, population 9,901
- Nearest Cities: Quad Cities—Rock Island, Moline and East Moline, Ill.; Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa—(45 miles) Peoria (65 miles)
- Enrollment: 1,300 students
- Demographics: 45% men, 55% women; 93% live on campus; 30% minorities and international students
- Calendar: Semester (Two 17-week terms)
- Areas of Study: 35 majors, 30 minors, 16 pre-professional programs
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Arts
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12:1
- Average Class Size: 15 (55% of classes have fewer than 20 students)
- Campus: 112 acres, including a 33-acre nature preserve/athletic park and a 6-acre educational garden
- Affiliations & Accreditations: Charter member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM), a consortium of leading liberal arts colleges; Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.); The Annapolis Group; American Chemical Society; North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1913.
To talk to one of our admission representatives, call 1-800-747-2687.
Office of Admission
Toll Free: 1-800-747-2687
700 E. Broadway
Monmouth, IL 61462