Alumni & Giving
A message from Mary Corrigan '82, Alumni Board President.
On behalf of the Monmouth College Alumni Board, I am happy to welcome you to the Alumni section of the Monmouth College website.
In his inaugural address, President Wyatt noted, “in his Second Annual Message to Congress, in late 1862, President Lincoln declared that ‘the dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present...As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew.’ Think anew. Act anew. We seek to prepare our students for lives empowered by these words, and these words will energize and guide all that the Monmouth Family does to make our strong college a place of national consequence.”
We on the Alumni Board are very excited about what the future holds in store for the College and its students, alumni, and friends. In 2014, the Alumni Board engaged in strategic planning to better define the role of the Alumni Board and to identify ways that the Board will serve the College, its alumni and its current students. We have begun to implement some of the ideas that came from the strategic planning effort, and look forward to expanding our service to the Monmouth College Community.
Each time I connect with other Monmouth College alumni, I am reminded of just how special the College is and what a great job it does to prepare students to be vibrant and productive members of society. As alums, we are in a unique position to not only interact with those who went before us but also those who follow in our footsteps. There are multiple ways to get involved as an alum, and it might surprise you to learn that they don’t all involve giving money! Check out the “Get Involved” tab on the left of the web page to learn more.
I hope that our paths will cross either on campus or out in the world beyond Monmouth. As the saying goes, “all roads lead to Monmouth!”
Upcoming Alumni Events:
- August 3, Macomb Event
- August 13, Chicagoland Chapter Event: Grant Park Music Festival
- August 25, Indianapolis, IN Event
- September 15, Southern California
- September 17, Northern California
- September 24, Chicago Area Tailgate: Lake Forest vs. Monmouth College
- October 14, Dallas, TX Event
- October 19, St. Louis, MO Event
- October 29, Beloit, WI Area Tailgate: Beloit College vs. Monmouth College
- November 12, Monmouth-Galesburg Turkey Bowl Event
- November 17, Washington, DC Event
- December 13, Downtown Chicago Event