Fall 2014, August 19-22, 2014
The Office of Intercultural Life offers a three-day transition program for all multicultural
students. The purpose of this program is to help new multicultural students to make
a successful transition from high school to college. For many multicultural students,
especially those coming from large cities like Chicago and St. Louis, transition to
a college located in a small town is a challenge. For some who may be leaving home
for the first time college could be a bigger challenge.
New Beginnings offers information and activity sessions to help make the transition to academic life in a largely unfamiliar territory smoother. The information sessions include topics such as:
- Conversations about new beginnings, academic life and expectations for Monmouth College students
- Managing family and academic obligations
- Creating a culture of excellence
- Familiarizing students with who, where, and when to seek help
- Effective time management
- Register online for New Beginnings from June 16 - August 1.
- New Beginnings Students arrive August 19, 2014, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, and go directly to their Halls of Residence, to check in with their Hall Resident Assistant (RA).
- New Beginnings starts from the evening of Tuesday, August 19 and ends Friday August 22.