Fall 2016, August 16-19
The Office of Intercultural Life offers a three-day transition program for all multicultural
students. The purpose of this program is to help new multicultural students to make
a successful transition from high school to college. For many multicultural students,
especially those coming from large cities like Chicago and St. Louis, transition to
a college located in a small town is a challenge. For some who may be leaving home
for the first time college could be a bigger challenge.
New Beginnings offers information and activity sessions to help make the transition to academic life in a largely unfamiliar territory smoother. The information sessions include topics such as:
- Conversations about new beginnings, academic life and expectations for Monmouth College students
- Managing family and academic obligations
- Creating a culture of excellence
- Familiarizing students with who, where, and when to seek help
- Effective time management
- Students who register for New Beginningswill receive an email confirmation with details for their arrival and check in location.
- New Beginnings program starts on Tuesday, August 16 and ends on Friday, August 19.
- Click here to register from June 15 – July 31.
Becoming a New Beginnings Leader:
If you'd like to be a New Beginnings Leader, please have a professor fill out a recommendation form.