Applying for Res Life Positions
Thank you for your interest in serving a vital role in our campus community. Resident Assistants, Head Residents, and House Managers are hardworking students who like a challenge. Their positions require attention to detail, the ability to be appropriately assertive while earning respect, and the ability to use good judgment at all times.
Over the years, the Residence Life staff has set a high standard, and we hope this upward trajectory will continue through the coming years. This application is patterned after others you will find in the real world, and every college student should have the skills to compose a resume and cover letter. Your resume and cover letter should be looked over by the staff in the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center before you submit it. Believe me, we'll know if it wasn't!
Applications for new and returning applicants are available below and due by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 27, 2016, at the Office of Residence Life in Poling Hall.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions you may have about the application process or details of any of the positions. We wish you the best in pursuing this important leadership role.
Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for this position. We are anxious to review your information!
- This application is for all students interested in applying to be a first time Resident Assistant (RA), and for all students applying to be a Greek Life House Manager.
- Please be certain that you review the position descriptions for each position before you apply. You can do so by reviewing the Student Positions page.
- You should also review the terms and conditions for being an RA or House Manager before you apply.
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for this position! We are anxious to review your information.
- This application is for all current RA's interested in returning to the Residence Life staff for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- This application is also for students interested in applying to be a Head Resident (HR).
- Please be certain to review the position descriptions for each position before you apply. You can do so by reviewing the Student Positions page.
- You should also review the terms and conditionsfor being an RA or House Manager before you apply.
Remember, all applications are due to the Office of Residence Life (located on the first floor of Poling Hall) by 4:00pm on Wednesday, January 27, 2016.
2016 Important Dates
- RA Resume Clinics
- Tue., Jan. 12th – 9:00-11:00am @ Wackerle Career & Leadership Center
- Fri., Jan. 15th – 1:00-3:00pm @ CSB 276 (Moot Board Room)
- Wed., Jan. 20th – 12:00-2:00pm @ Wackerle Career & Leadership Center
- Wed., Jan. 27th – RA/HR/HM Applications due @ 4:00pm
- Mon., Feb. 1st – Wed., Feb. 3rd – New RAs/HMs sign-up for interview slots
- Mon., Feb. 8th – Wed., Feb. 10th – New RA/HM Interviews
- Mon., Feb. 15th – Wed., Feb. 17th – HR Interviews
- Thur., Feb. 25th – HR/RA letters mailed
- Fri., Mar. 4th – RA/HR/HM contracts due
- Tue., Apr. 12th – HR/RA placement letters mailed