These safety tips are just a few that should be practiced each and every day. Please take the security measures seriously for your own protection as well as that of other members of the Monmouth community.
Report all suspicious activity immediately to the following phone numbers:
- Monmouth College Security (between 7:00 pm to 8:00 am: 309-337-5708
- Office of Residence Life: 309-457-2113
- Monmouth College Emergency Phone: 309-337-5713
Please pay attention to the following safety tips:
- Never take personal safety for granted.
- Be aware of your surroundings; avoid shortcuts through dark, secluded areas. Stay where other people are visible.
- Walk in a group, and walk with confidence. If you have to walk alone, contact Monmouth College Security for an escort.
- Avoid hats or other items that restrict your vision and earphones that impair your hearing.
- Never prop doors open. Not only are you putting yourself in danger, but everyone else residing in that building as well!
- Carry only the cash, credit cards and ID that you expect to need.
- Always lock the door to your room whether or not you are there. Be certain that your door is locked when you go to sleep, and keep windows closed and locked when you are not home.
- Lock all doors when driving your vehicle. When parking your vehicle, park in a well-lit area and secure your vehicle.
- Never admit strangers into secured buildings.
- Do not attach your ID to your keys or mark your keys with your name or address.
- If you need to store valuables in your car, place them out of sight or in your trunk.
- Have your keys in your hand as you approach your vehicle. Check the floor and back seat before entering your vehicle.