Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the target audience of College for Kids? Talented/gifted children who are finishing 3rd grade through finishing 8th grade
Program dates: June 15 through June 26, 2020
Class times: 9AM to 11:50 AM
Tuition: $190 per child with a reduced rate of $140 for a second child in the same family and $110 for a third child, same family. A deposit of $100 is required with initial registration. A limited number of partial scholarships ($65) are available for those with financial need. Further information on scholarships may be found on the registration form. We are no longer charging lab fees. Why did we raise tuition? Mostly to cover the rising costs of teacher salaries and background checks that we do on our staff each summer. The safety and security of your child is very important and these precautions are necessary. Compare our tuition with other local programs, you will find us reasonably priced.
Eligibility: College for Kids is for gifted/talented students who have completed 3rd through 8th grade and meet one of the following requirements:
- Student is currently enrolled in a gifted/talented or enrichment program in their own district, or identified by their home district, or
- Student scores at the 85th percentile on the core or composite of a standardized achievement test, district reading assessments may also be used.
- Student “exceeds standard” on the PARCC test in math or reading during the current or preceding year, or
- Parent and teacher of the student fill out a gifted characteristics matrix, and student must attain a sufficient score for admission, or
- Student was in College for Kids in a previous year
Enrollment: The minimum number of student required to hold a class is 11. Classes with less than 11 students may not be held. Classes are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified by mail of their course schedule, usually about the last week in May.
Transportation: CFK does not provide transportation for students. Some local districts offer busing for a small fee. Please check with your home district for transportation assistance.
Snacks: Monmouth College is a “peanut FREE” campus during College for Kids. We discourage students from bringing snacks from home that may contain peanut or tree nut products.
T-Shirts: All enrolled students will receive a College for Kids T-Shirt as part of their registration.
Registrations are due on April 27, 2020 and may be mailed to: College for Kids; Monmouth College; 700 East Broadway; Monmouth, IL; 61462
Questions: May be directed to the program director Kathy Mainz at email@example.com or at 309-457-2361