Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the target audience of College for Kids?
Talented/gifted children who are finishing 3rd grade through finishing 8th grade
Program dates: June 11-22, 2018
Class times: 9AM to 11:50 AM
Tuition: $160 per child with a reduced rate of $125 for a second child in the same family and $100 for a third child, same family. One-half of the tuition payment is required with initial registration. A limited number of partial scholarships ($60) are available for those with financial need. Further information on scholarships may be found on the registration form.
Eligibility: College for Kids is for gifted/talented students who have completed 2nd through 8th grade and meet one of the following requirements:
- Student is currently enrolled in a gifted/talented or enrichment program in their own district, or identified by their home district, or
- Student scores at the 85th percentile on the core or composite of a standardized achievement test, district reading assessments may also be used.
- Student “exceeds standard” on the Illinois test in math or reading during the current or preceding year, or
- Student scores at least 115 on a cognitive abilities test, or
- Parent and teacher of the student fill out a gifted characteristics matrix, and student must attain a sufficient score for admission, or
- Student was in College for Kids in a previous year
Enrollment: The minimum number of student required to hold a class is 10. Classes with less than 10 students may not be held. Classes are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Students will be notified by mail of their course schedule, usually about the last week in May.
Transportation: CFK does not provide transportation for students. Some local districts offer busing for a small fee. Please check with your home district for transportation assistance.
Snacks: Monmouth College is a “peanut FREE” campus during College for Kids. We discourage students from bringing snacks from home that may contain peanut or tree nut products.
T-Shirts: All enrolled students will receive a College for Kids T-Shirt as part of their registration.
Registrations may be mailed to: College for Kids; Monmouth College; 700 East Broadway; Monmouth, IL; 61462
Questions: May be directed to the program director Kathy Mainz at email@example.com or at 309-457-2361