The Assessment Committee shall be responsible for ensuring the continuation and usefulness of the college's assessment program.
The functions of the committee shall include:
- Coordinating assessment activities,
- Providing support and encouragement for the use of assessment techniques and for implementation of changes made as a result of assessment,
- Initiating activities to enhance learning effectiveness,
- Facilitating the use of assessment results in college planning, budgeting and curriculum development,
- Writing summary reports on assessment at the college based on the activities of departments and individuals
- Determining priorities for future assessment activity,
- Commissioning "occasional reports" and other special studies as deemed appropriate,
- Reviewing each year the assessment program and recommending changes as needed,
- Serving as a contact point for student interests in assessment and related issues.