Transfer Student Process
Making the decision to transfer colleges takes a lot of thought and consideration. At Monmouth College we strive to make the transition smooth and efficient.
Transfer Admissions Process
For enrollment consideration, please submit the following:
- The Common Application or The Monmouth College Application (neither have an application fee).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Official high school transcripts and test scores are required, if fewer than 24 semester hours completed. Be sure to send any Advanced Placement (AP) scores for consideration of college credit as well.
- A minimum of 12 transfer semester hours is required for transfer admission.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.5 is usually required for admission.
- Students may transfer up to the equivalent of 64 semester hours (16 course credits). Only grades of D or better will transfer. Most classes from accredited colleges will transfer.
- Students who complete an associates degree in art, science, or fine arts will transfer with junior standing.
Monmouth College is on a 4-4 academic calendar, semester hours will be converted to course credits. One course credit is equal to 4 semester hours. A total of 32 course credits (128 semester hours) are required to meet the degree requirement in most majors.
Freshman: Less than 28 semester hours (7 course credits)
Sophomore: 28 to less than 60 semester hours (7-14.75 course credits)
Junior: 60 semester hours (15 course credits)
Recommended general education courses to take prior to transferring:
- Two course sequence in English Composition
- One course in public speaking
- One course with lab in a physical or life science
- Two courses in foreign language (or proficiency at 102 level)
- One course in fine art appreciation or participation (3 semester hour course)