Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition
The Monmouth College Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition recognizes first-time freshmen students from across the nation who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and leadership in their schools and communities. Students will be offered opportunities to participate in the Honors Program, research with faculty, experience special internships and lead community service projects.
Students invited to the Monmouth College Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition will be interviewing and competing for one of the following scholarships on Saturday, February 3, 2018. In addition, students will be invited for inclusion in the James and Sybil Stockdale Fellows Program.
- Admiral's Scholarship (Full Tuition plus a $5,000 educational enrichment fund, 2 awarded)
- Trustees' Scholarship (Full Tuition for all four years. 2 awarded)
- President's Scholarship ($29,000 per year for four years. 3+ awarded)
These scholarships are awarded for up to four years as long as recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Eligibility Requirements for Participation in the Scholarship Competition
3.4 GPA or higherand
24 ACT or betteror
1160 SAT or better
- Eligible students will be required to submit the following:
- an activities resume: one-page document outlining involvement and achievements
- an essay of no more than 500 words addressing the following: Describe a place of importance to you and discuss its significance in your life. How has this place shaped the young adult you are today?
- Eligible students can complete the RSVP online.