Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition
The Monmouth College Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition recognizes first-time freshmen students from across the nation who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and leadership in their schools and communities. Students will be offered opportunities to participate in the Honors Program, research with faculty, experience special internships and lead community service projects.
Students invited to the Monmouth College Stockdale Fellows and Scholarship Competition will be interviewing and competing for one of the following scholarships on Saturday, February 2, 2019. In addition, students may be invited for inclusion in the James and Sybil Stockdale Fellows Program.
- William J. and Beverly Goldsborough Scholarship (Full Tuition for all four years, 2 awarded)
- Admiral's Scholarship (Full Tuition plus a $5,000 educational enrichment fund, 2 awarded)
- Trustees' Scholarship (Full Tuition for all four years. 2 awarded)
- President's Scholarship ($30,000 per year for four years. 3+ awarded)
These scholarships are awarded for up to four years as long as recipients maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Eligible students can complete the RSVP online.
- Eligible students will be required to submit the following:
- an activities resume: one-page document outlining involvement and achievements
- an essay of no more than 500 words addressing the following: Describe a place of importance to you and discuss its significance in your life. How has this place shaped the young adult you are today?
- Eligible students must RSVP to attend the February 2nd event and submit both the resume and essay by Friday, January 18, 2019.
In addition to interviewing for these top scholarships, students will also have the opportunity as a part of our Fellows & Scholarship Competition Day event to interview or audition for the following special interest scholarships: Music, Visual Art, Theatre, Forensics & Speech, Bagpipe and Highland Drumming, Latin Language, Presbyterian, Sustainability and the Richard "Doc" Kieft scholarship for Chemistry/Biochemistry students. You can indicate your interest in these auditions or inteviews on your registration form for the event. For more information about requirments for these awards, visit our main scholarships page.
Eligibility Requirements TO COMPETE FOR ADMIRAL'S, TRUSTEES', PRESIDENT'S SCHOLARSHIPS
3.4 GPA or higher
- 24 ACT/1160 SAT or higher