Parent and Family Council
Monmouth College Parent and Family Council members serve in a variety of roles – helping with admissions efforts, promoting student professional development and encouraging support of the College. As an advisory board, the Council cultivates communications between Monmouth parents and families and the College community.
The Council meets formally on campus once per year during Family Weekend. Conference calls are held (at least one a semester) with campus leaders.
Council members will
- Serve as a liaison between Monmouth College and the parent and family community.
- Be an active advocate for parent giving to the Monmouth Fund, setting a positive tone and creating energy and enthusiasm for supporting the Monmouth Fund.
- Make a financial gift annually.
- Personally solicit a small group (8-10) of identified parents for leadership support via emails, phone calls and/or in-person conversations.
- Engage in Monmouth Parent and Family Council meetings (1 in person during Family Weekend and 2 conference calls).
- Maintain regular communication with the Monmouth team to keep them apprised of your progress.
- Serve as an ambassador for Monmouth College in your community, such as helping with the College’s recruitment efforts.
- Support professional development of Monmouth College students by:
- sharing your professional experience with students,
- sharing internship and entry level job opportunities from your professional network,
- and, if applicable, connecting Monmouth College students with your graduate program.
- From time to time, share your families’ Monmouth College experience (through networking or serving on a panel) with other Monmouth College parents in an effort to improve student outcomes.
- Make the Monmouth College parent experience fun by fostering goodwill and friendship among the parent community
- Serve a 2-year term on the Parent and Family Council
In the 2018-19 academic year, the Parent and Family Council exceeded its initial goal of $8,500 to purchase additional Scots Cruisers bicycles. The Council raised over $10,500 to purchase the bicycles for the Monmouth College campus.
Bill and Malloree Buchanan (2018-2020) email@example.com
Laura Cavanaugh '86 (2018-2020) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Cutright (2019-2021) email@example.com
Tom and Beth Dullee (2018-2020) firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Hinrichs (2019-2021) email@example.com
Mike and Karen Mickle (2019-2021) firstname.lastname@example.org
Luis DeLeon Nieves (2018-2020) email@example.com
Byron '88 and Suzee Sondgeroth (2018-20) firstname.lastname@example.org or
For more information, please contact Jordan Scherpe-Lencioni, Associate Director of Reunion and Parent Giving, email@example.com(309) 457-2318