Student records are maintained by the Registrar and the Office of Student Affairs. These records are the academic transcript, a medical record, a personal student folder, and placement credentials.
All records are confidential and are released only on the signed authorization of the student. Changes in marital status, changes of address, and so forth should be reported immediately to the Office of Student Affairs.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FERPA afford students certain rights with respect to their education records. They are:
- The right to inspect and review the student's education records
- The right to request the amendment of the student education records to ensure that they are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy or other rights.
- The right to withhold disclosure of Directory Information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.
- The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint concerning alleged failures by Monmouth College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.
- The right to obtain a copy of Monmouth College's FERPA Policy Statement which is on file in the Office of the Registrar.