Flooding can occur due to major rainstorms, water main breaks, or rapidly melting snows.
In case of imminent or actual flooding do the following, but only if you can remain safe:
- Secure vital equipment, records, and hazardous materials by moving to higher, safer ground.
- Shut off all non-essential electrical equipment.
- Move all personnel to a safe area, away from the flooded area, or area at risk for potential flooding.
- Locate those persons with special needs and provide assistance if possible. Otherwise provide their location to emergency responders.
- If you are unsure of what to do, wait for instructions from emergency responders or college officials.
- Do not return to the affected area until given the all-clear by college authorities or emergency personnel.