These safety tips are just a few that should be practiced each and every day. Please familiarize yourself with the information for your own protection as well as that of other members of the Monmouth College community.
Report all suspicious activity immediately to the following phone numbers:
|Monmouth College 24-hour Campus Safety||309-457-3456|
|Office of Residence Life||309-457-2113|
|Monmouth College Emergency Phone||309-337-5713|
Getting from Place to Place Safely
- Never take personal safety for granted.
- Be aware of your surroundings; avoid shortcuts through dark, secluded areas. Stay where other people are visible.
- Walk in a group, and walk with confidence. If you have to walk alone, contact Campus Safety at 309-457-3456 for an escort.
- Avoid hats or other items that restrict your vision and earphones that impair your hearing.
- Carry only the cash, credit cards and ID that you expect to need.
- Lock all doors when driving your vehicle. When parking your vehicle, park in a well-lit area and secure your vehicle.
- Do not attach your ID to your keys or mark your keys with your name or address.
- If you feel unsafe or think you may be at risk, leave the situation immediately.
- If you attend group gatherings go with friends you trust and keep tabs on them.
- Be particularly aware that alcohol and drugs interfere with a person's ability to make clear decisions and communicate effectively.