To Reserve a Room
Monmouth College offers a variety of rooms available for banquets, conferences, and meetings. Our room capacities range from 12 to 1000 people, depending on the room set up. To reserve a room on campus, log on to the Room Reservations system. If a scheduled event is cancelled, you must notify the Stockdale Center via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When making your reservation request, be prepared with the following information:
- Date(s) of the event (select an alternate choice in case your first choice is unavailable).
- Beginning and ending time of the event.
- Type of event.
- Room or Facility requested (select an alternate choice in case your first choice is unavailable).
- Approximate attendance.
- Description of the event.
- Contact person’s name, phone number, box number, address, student organization or off campus affiliation (Who will be present at event?).
- Will the event need to be catered? (Campus groups must contact dining services directly).
- Special needs (particular setup arrangements, head tables, podium and mic, other A/V equip., etc.).
- All rooms are reserved on a first come first serve basis with preference given to college functions. All reservations must be made electronically.
- Off-campus group facility requests will not be considered when major campus events are scheduled. Such as, but not limited to: New Student Orientation, Homecoming, Family Weekend, Campus Holiday Banquet, Founders Day, Commencement, and Alumni Weekend.
- All off-campus groups must provide a certificate of insurance naming Monmouth College as an additional insured prior to the event.
- Off-campus groups will only have access to College facilities during the summer and on College breaks (fall, spring).
- During the summer, College facilities are subject to maintenance projects.
- No weekly or monthly reservations will be granted to off-campus groups.
- Room reservations, with or without a carry tray lunch, that are requested on a weekly or individual basis over the lunch or dinner hours are subject to relocation if a reservation including a buffet or served meal is requested for the same location.
- Contracts made with off-campus groups will be honored and not subject to relocation.
- The person making the reservation will be held responsible for the sponsored event and is required to be present the day/night of event.
- Any damages related to the event or attributed to those attending will be charged to the sponsoring organization or individual.
- If a scheduled event is cancelled, please email email@example.com. Stockdale Center must be notified or the responsible party will be charged.
- Set up requirements must be submitted at time of reservation.
- Candles may only be used with the permission of the Associated Dean of Students.
- All events must begin and end between Stockdale Center hours. Please refer to building hours.
- When your request has been confirmed you will receive a confirmation via email. We recommend that you do not post advertising until you receive confirmation.
Audio-visual equipment available in the Stockdale Center:
Microphone, Podium, Overhead Projector, LCD Projector, Slide Projector, Film Projector, TV/VCR, Dry Erase Board, Flip Chart.
All audio-visual needs for College group events other than in the Stockdale Center will need to be made by contacting the Audio Visual/Information Systems Technician at 309.457.2193.
Decorations, Use of Tape, etc.:
- Decorations must not cause physical damage to the facility.
- Nails, tacks, staples, or other sharp objects are not permitted to be driven into walls, floors, doors, ceilings, or tables.
- Decorations must not be attached to curtains, blinds, or air vents.
- Only masking tape may be used.
- Glue or scotch tape is not to be used on any surface.
- The Stockdale Center staff can offer suggestions on ways in which to decorate a space without causing damage.
- Fire extinguishers, alarm pull stations, alarm horn strobes, and exit doors and corridors are not to be hidden or obstructed.