When you hire a Monmouth College student as an intern or employee, you are getting the best higher education has to offer — Monmouth's nationally recognized, affordable education prepares students for further study, employment, leadership and life. Designed from the best of the Scottish and American education traditions, the college's integrated curriculum makes a student’s education enduring and essential.
Our students are well-rounded. They’re flexible. They learn quickly, think fast, adapt, and grow. Best of all, they are eager to put their learning into action in the world.
Employer user policy/Submit your opportunity
The Employer User Policy is established to outline the eligibility of employers to utilize resources at the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center. The WCLC follows the principles set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and expects that employers who use the Center's services will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, disability, or genetic information. By posting opportunities through the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center, you are agreeing to the following terms.
Our office reserves the right to refuse to list positions and alter or take down postings/companies that do not follow the above policy. All employer postings through the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center are expected to abide by the Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services & Employment Professionals as outlined by NACE.
The Wackerle Career and Leadership Center expects employers to abide by the following guidelines:
- Comply with all federal, state, and local Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations.
- Pay a base salary in compliance with minimum wage standards, unless categorized as an unpaid internship.
- Keep all student information obtained confidential unless receiving additional written student consent. This standard complies with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Comply with the NACE Internship Principles regarding unpaid internships.
- Comply with "for profit" private sector employer standards regarding unpaid internships as set by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Supply current contact information including organization name, address, contact person, email address, organization description, pay rate (if applicable), and detailed description of position.
Positions that will not be posted:
- Unpaid internships exceeding 15 hours per week
- Commission only positions
- Volunteer positions
- Positions requiring a prospective employee to purchase products or pay fees
- Companies utilizing a "pyramid" or "multi-level" networking structure, or those encouraging the recruitment of others to increase sales initiatives
- Opportunities requiring solicitation on campus
Please contact our office at 309-457-2115 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions you may have about our Employer User Policy.
How can the Wackerle Career and Leadership Program support your organization?
The Wackerle Career and Leadership Center at Monmouth College offers a full range of services to help your organization find candidates for internships and part-time or full-time positions. Contact us to discuss any of the following options.
Online Career Center makes it easy for you to post your full-time job and internship opportunities. The ISCPA Online Career Center links college students with employers. With its extensive membership of small colleges and universities in the state of Illinois, its strength lies in providing services to connect students and employers.
By registering on the ISCPA Online Career Center, employers can post full-time jobs and internships. Additionally, employers may be given access to resumes posted by students and alumni from the 22 member colleges and universities. You may also be able to post positions that will be viewed exclusively by ISCPA students and alumni.
We are also glad to assist you in posting your part-time, full-time and internship opportunities. Please contact the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center by phone, 309-457-2115, or by email: email@example.com.
- Employer Visits to Campus: Set out a table in a high-traffic location during peak hours to interact with students and provide information and facts about your company. We schedule Employer Information Sessions each semester. Contact us for availability.
- Employer Presentations: This is a great opportunity to give a talk, present a slide show, chat one on one, or hold a question-and-answer session about your organization. Contact us at least four weeks in advance to plan a visit.
- Job Fair: Monmouth College participates in the Illinois Small College Placement Association (ISCPA) Career Fest, held annually in Naperville, IL during the spring semester. This is a great way to meet students from many colleges in a central location. Contact us for event and registration information.
- Meeting with Wackerle Center Staff: We welcome the opportunity to meet with you either on campus or at your organization to discuss the best ways to market your opportunities to Monmouth College students.
- Interview Facilities: Once you've identified student candidates, we can provide plenty of comfortable spaces for you to conduct interviews.
We look forward to developing a long and successful relationship with you and your organization.
Why hire a Monmouth College intern?
Monmouth College has been linking liberal arts education with internships and other real-world experiences for over 75 years. Monmouth’s internship program continues to provide employers with first-rate students spanning the liberal arts.
76% of the class of 2014 reported completing at least one internship by the time they graduated, and some completed two or more. This is significantly higher than the 63.2% nationally as reported by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). These internships complement the students' educational experiences by enabling them to apply the lessons they have learned in the classroom to day-to-day realities of the working world.
Internships are available for every major and during every semester – winter, spring, summer and fall. Students may earn academic credit for most internship experiences. We also have students who seek non-credit internships. The WCLC works hard to tailor each student’s internship experiences to his or her particular academic interest and career goals.
Wackerle Career and Leadership Center Disclaimer:
The Wackerle Career and Leadership Center at Monmouth College abides by the principles set forth by NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) and expects that employers who use the Center's services will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.
All employment listings are posted at the sole discretion of The Wackerle Career and Leadership Center staff. We reserve the right to reject job postings that appear to be fraudulent or do not support the core values of the College.