Faculty & Staff
Helping You...Help Students
As a faculty member, you play a critical role in the lives of our students. Students come to you with all types of questions including:
How do I choose a major?...What are my career options?...How do I begin the process of applying to graduate school?...How do I find an internship?...How do I look for a job once I graduate?...How do I write a resume or cover letter?...How do I prepare for an interview?
If you find yourself contemplating the best way to advise students on these questions, the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center can help. We complement academic advising by providing information, services and resources that can assist students in finding the information they need to answer these and other career related questions.
Connect with the Wackerle Career and Leadership Center
The following provides information on the ways that faculty can connect with the staff of the WCLC.
- Schedule an appointment — our staff is happy to meet with you to discuss programming ideas and resources to assist your students. Our office is located on the first floor of Hewes Library, in the Academic & Career Excellence (ACE) offices.
- Give us a call — We also are happy to provide phone consultations for any questions or issues you may have about a student. You can contact us at 309-457-2115.
- Send us an email — Our general email account email@example.com is the best address to use for questions.
- Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Join us on LinkedIn — There are many ways to stay up-to-date on the resources we have available for students along with programs, events, and deadlines that are of interest to students and alumnae/i. Click on the links below to access our pages.
How the Wackerle Center can Support the Faculty
In addition to the support and guidance the WCLC provides to Monmouth students, we offer specific services and resources for our faculty colleagues.
We are happy to offer classroom presentations on topics ranging from resume writing to career exploration and job search tips. To request a classroom presentation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but we ask for two weeks notice prior to your desired date.
Annual Wackerle Center Events
The following events are presented annually, and we welcome attendance from any faculty members who would like to learn more about our services.
- Graduate and Professional School Fair — Meet graduate and professional school recruiters from all over the country. Find out more about their institutions and educational programs, while getting information on admissions processes. Held during fall semester.
- Etiquette Dinner — Enjoy a served dinner while learning proper dining etiquette in a relaxed environment. Everything from how to place your napkin to how to propose a toast is covered by professional etiquette instructors. Held in fall semester
- Networking Event of the Year — Mix and mingle while enjoying delicious food and beverages and learning how to conduct yourself with poise and confidence in professional and social situations. Also learn how to handle tricky foods, effectively network with others and have fun but remain professional. Held during spring semester.
- Scots Connection Conferences — Meet and network with successful alumni with different majors, backgrounds, and who have taken very different paths. Held during spring semester.
The WCLC assists students in locating internships. If you have information about an internship that you'd like to share, please contact us.
We welcome referral or consultation calls from faculty and staff who are working with students struggling to select a major or career. We also appreciate faculty referring employers and alumni to our office. Please give us a call 309-457-2115 if you would like to discuss a situation, or refer a student, employer or alum to our office.